Chiropractic care is such an ambiguous term and it can keep patients nervous about seeking help.
At Advantage Chiropractic, many of our patients are surprised to learn that there are several different types of treatments we perform here. So, we decided to dedicate this blog to helping you understand the differences in each one.
7 key services we offer at Advantage Chiropractic are:
- The Diversified Technique: This is the most widely used treatment. It has three main purposes—restore spinal alignment, repair joint disfunction, and ensure proper movement. We use hands-on thrust aimed at the exact areas where the alignment corrections are needed.
- Spinal Manipulation: This treatment is designed to relieve joint pressure, improve nerve function, and reduce inflammation. This is more gentle and involves more stretching than the previous method.
- Thompson Drop-Table Technique: This uses a special table with drop mechanisms that lower the patient so we can apply thrusts to complete the adjustment. It’s surprisingly comfortable to the patient.
- Gonstead Adjustment: This is done with the patient either sitting up or lying on their side and is use to restore normal disc alignment and mobility.
- The Activator Method: This method uses a device commonly known as an Activator. It applies a gentle impulse to the areas of the spine. This method is used to treat conditions such as headaches and lower back pains.
- Flexion Distraction: Often used to treat disc injuries that involve back and leg pain, this adjustment is generally pain-free and is a great option for patients with recent injuries or who are sensitive to other treatments.
To find out which treatment will work best for you, schedule an appointment with us at Advantage Chiropractic. We will work with you to determine the form of care that will help you the most.